We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other information that you choose to send to us we may collect
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers which we store in your browser or the hard drive of your computer (with your agreement). Cookies contain information which is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
You can find more information about the purposes of the cookies we use below:
- WordPress Cookies
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics allows us to gather statistical information about our visitors (users) and their behaviour on our website. This includes counting the number of visitors, which pages are visited, how visitors find our website and what technologies they use to browse it. In turn, this helps us to improve our website.
- Google Maps (for the display of interactive maps)
Some of our pages include interactive maps provided by Google. Google may set cookies to store information and preferences about maps or other associated Google services on pages where we embed Google maps.
- Wordfence Security (WordPress security plug-in)
Wordfence is a security plug-in for WordPress and helps keep the site safe and secure. This plug-in will check you’re a real human visitor and your geographical location.
- SuperControl (provides online availability and booking functions)
- Cookie Notifications
Ironically, to keep track of whether we have shown you the cookie notification message (and your acceptance), we need to set a cookie.
- Embedded Content (e.g. YouTube videos)
Occasionally, the webmaster may embed content from other sites and services into web pages (for example, embedding a YouTube video into a page). When third party services are used like this, they will usually set their own cookies in addition to the cookies listed above.
Controlling and blocking cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our website.
For more information, including how to control and disable cookies, please visit cookiesandyou.com.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- Enable your use of the services available on the website
- Send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications
- Send you email notifications, which you have specifically requested
- Send to you by newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
International data transfers
Information that you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States, Japan), which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the Internet and may be available, via the Internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information, which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is Aonach Mor.